Lucie’s Tips: Safe exercises for pregnant women
Key benefits: It’s a great stretch to loosen up the hips and lower back.
1. Sit on a chair and cross one leg over the other.
2. Keep your back straight and lean forward at the hips.
3. Try to hold for 30 seconds and repeat on the other side.
4. This can be done as often as you would like.
This might prove more difficult later on when the bump gets bigger and in the way.
2. Ankle Pumps
Key benefits: This exercise will improve the flow of blood through the leg veins and reduce swelling in the lower legs.
1. Whilst seated, lift your heels as high as you can.
2. Repeat with the other leg.
3. You can do both feet at the same time or alternately.
4. Do ankle pumps for about 5 minutes every one or two hours.