Tips for sneaking exercise into your day
So if you are struggling to fit a fitness routine into your weekly schedule, here are some handy tips for keeping active.
- Take the stairs or walk to a meeting – you can create physical challenges in your day and take the stairs instead of the lift, or walk to your meeting instead of driving or catching a cab.
- Good posture whilst sitting – working your core and your muscles between your shoulder blades, helps to strengthen your core and stabilising muscles.
- Walking in the office – walking to the printer or walking to a colleagues office to talk to them instead of talking over email or sms.
- Taking a lunch break and engaging in some physical activity, not only does this break up the day which has physical and mental benefits
- Training with friends/work colleagues- not only does this help for the moral support component, but also for the motivation and commitment to a group.
- Add fitness into your commute- be it riding, running or walking to work, or perhaps hop the bus or train one or two stops earlier
- Do an activity that you enjoy and is fun!