Disorders and dysfunction of the bones, joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments and nerves, are treated in musculoskeletal physiotherapy. These disorders may be caused by disease, injury, overuse, poor biomechanics, imbalances, stress, pregnancy, inactivity or surgery.
Our goal is to achieve full physical function to return to daily activities and sport as soon as possible.
Treatment may include:
- Manual therapy including mobilisation / manipulation of spinal and peripheral joints
- Neural mobilisation
- Soft tissue massage including trigger point therapy, myofascial release, remedial massage
- Strengthening and conditioning
- Taping of joints or soft tissue
- Exercise prescription / functional rehabilitation
- Pilates and core strength
- Postural retraining and advice
- Advice and exercise prescription for injury prevention
These array of techniques help to: reduce inflammation; relieve pain; facilitate healing; minimise scar tissue; restore mobility, strength and stability; correct imbalances and re-educate movement patterns. Based on your individual needs, these all need to be collaborated to restore and maximise full function.We can help – Book an appointment now