1. Split Squat
If done correctly, you should feel this fatigue the front of the thigh and the buttock muscles on the front leg.
1. Stand with one leg forward and the other behind you in a split leg stance
2. Preferably put the back foot on a small step or bench
3. Keeping the knee in line with your second toe and the torso straight
4. Bend the front leg until the knee is flexed to 90 degrees
5. Return to the start position and repeat
For progression, hold on to a weight in the opposite hand to the leg that is being worked.